Tuesday 19 February 2008

The sun still comes up in the morning

One of the luckiest aspects of my job, is meeting some of the most fantastic people, two years ago when I statrted here I was fortunate enough to meet a lovely young women named Helen Johnson who was in one of the bridge groups who plays here at the club every Wednesday, and every Wednesday I grew to know and love her just that little bit more, she was such a vibrant, happy person with so many stories to share. At 97 she still lived on her own, played lawn bowles twice a week, visted the library and played bridge and you would not believe her age. Last year she turned 99 and her only son was planning her 100th birthday. Last week I learnt of her passing only the week prior. I was devasted to say the least, however was happy to hear it was quite quick. I believe her funeral was rather large and that her son spoke in great lenghth of her amazing life. The funeral was based on the celebraton and was bright and cheery. Whilst the sun still rises in the morning I would just like to say I miss you Helen, and you will always be rembered.

No comments: